Who Am I?
I am a mid-career professional with a PhD in Environmental Science and Policy, MS in
Environmental Engineering, World Bank Accreditation for Environmental Safeguards and nearly a decade of international experience in the areas of Sustainable Development, Complexity Research, Environmental Engineering, Policy, Management and Journalism. I have worked on projects for the World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Shell, Chevron, BHP Billiton, British Petroleum and other entities from the energy, development and public sectors.
Following are some of my recent achievements;
- Selected as one of the promising young scientists to attend United Nations Future Earth, International Social Science Council and International Council for Science’s Young Scientists Networking Conference at Villa Vigoni, 2014
- Winner of the United Nations IHDP's Dimensions Spring 2014 writing contest on “Beyond GDP”
- Finalist of the United Nations Global Energy Initiative Energy Essay Contest (2013)
- Third Prize Winner for IEEE Earthzine Student Essay Contest on ‘Science and Technology for Observing Earth’s Climate’ (2013)
- Finalist of the Green Party in European Parliament’s Essay Competition on Women and Climate Change (2010)
- Fulbright Scholarship (2005-2007)
This slideshow gives a more detailed summary of my PhD research.
The following award winning essay summarizes my ideas on the new narrative we need to inspire the transition towards a better world. My essay starts on page 74.